Monday, August 15, 2011

New York Trip - Day 7

We finally took a morning to sleep in A little. We got up packed our bags and checked out. Luckily our hotel had bag check so we left our luggage while we spent a few more hours in the city. The only thing we really had left to do was to go to the observatory in the Empire State Building. We bought our tickets earlier at the hotel which saved us a ton of time. We were able to skip a large portion of the line and our total wait time was about 30-45 minutes with the elevator lines. We enjoyed the beautiful weather and amazing views from atop the 86th floor outside deck.

Looking south.  New Jersey on the right.

Looking Northeast. The gold top building is the Chrysler Building.
Looking Northwest.
Top of the Empire State Building.
Looking south at the Flat Iron district. I loved see the roof top gardens. 
In case you wanted to know what looking down from the Empire State Building looks like.

By the time we finished with the Empire State Building it was time to grab lunch and finish up our last minute souvenir shopping. We got our bags and headed to JFK airport. We had a nice dinner at a restaurant, waiting briefly for my plane and then said our goodbyes. Calee and Talicee were flying back to Southern CA together and their flight departed shortly after mine.
I had a smooth flight back to Phoenix and by the time we deplaned and I got my luggage it was shotly after 11:00 pm. Next stop...Tucson. I was playing an a tournament Friday morning so I had to drive the two hours right from the airport to the hotel in Tuscon. I finally got to my room and was in bed shortly before 2:00 am. I had been up for 21 hours and I was ready to call it a day!

1 comment:

The King Family said...

Looks like a fun trip! I love New York, and you look super cute.