Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tucson Trip - Day 8

I'm now in my third city of the trip, the last leg. I was there because my USTA 3.0 ladies tennis team won our regular season and we were competing against three other teams for the chance to go to nationals.
Our First match Friday morning was against Albuequrque, NM. I elected to play doubles because I had been sick and then on vacation so I hadn't picked up a raquet in two weeks and I was a little nervous about how I would play. I wasn't thrilled about playing in temperatures that exceeded 110 degrees but we had no choice. Our team only has eight players which is exactly the minimum of what you need to compete. I played with a new partner and played the forehand side which is opposite of what I normally play.
We started out doing farely well. We were up 3-0 and then the other team cane back to be us in the first set. By the second set Lenore and I finally got our groove together and we won't the second and third sets. Our scores for the match wer 5-7, 6-4, 12-10. Our team ending up winning day one 5-0.
 This is the team.
 This is the team at lunch after our first win.  
Lisa and me at dinner with the team Friday night. I roomed with Lisa and it was nice to get to know her better.  Our kids are about the same age so we are experiencing similar things with them.  It was nice to be able to get out an have some girl time.

No comments: