Saturday, September 3, 2011

Indianapolis - Day 1

Ricky is a fan of motorcycle racing. He specifically likes the MotoGP circuit which only comes to the United States twice a year. He's said for a while now that he wanted to go to the Indianapolis race so we finally decided to make it happen. My mom flew down to stay with the boys so Ricky and I could have some time together. I'm not going to pretend that I didn't also really want to go.  While watching the races seem to give me some anxiety, I still enjoy them. I've learned a lot about the riders, bikes and tracks so it gets more interesting to me as the seasons go along.  
Wednesday was a travel day. We spent the day in airports and on planes as we made our way to Indy. We checked into our hotel and grabbed some dinner before heading to bed. 
Logan and Grammy.

Grammy took Lincoln to school for a few days while she was here.

 Our hotel
We had a nice little connection and ended up with a beautiful suite. This was the view out of one of the bedroom windows.  It was pretty beautiful at night.