Saturday, January 21, 2012

My Birthday Weekend

Friday was just an easy going day with my mom at the Disneyland Resort. Lisa flew home that morning  so mom and I just mostly saw the shows since the day before we went on all the rides.
We also spent some time in DTD learning about Vinylmation and eating beignets. We needed the full day to do everything we wanted to see. A lot had changed since the last time I was there. it was a really nice day and fun to just spend the day with mom.

 This one's for Lincoln. He LOVES Jake and the Neverland Pirates. 
 Mom and me with Chip and Dale. 
 This is a new show in DCA and it was pretty lame until Mickey started dancing.  He busted out some pretty impressive moves and the show suddenly got better. It was also neat because Mickey's eyes and mouth actually opened and closed throughout the performance.  Technology is definitely getting better!
 The is my new favorite parade.
I loved the fairy like princess dresses. 


Saturday was a super busy day for me. It all started with a visit to Londi at her home. Over the last several years her and her husband had gutted and reconstructed their home. I hadn't seen it since it was in construction and now that it was mostly complete it was nice to see it. We had a wonderful visit and it was so nice to see her. (I'm totally lame and forgot to take a picture of us together.) I left her house and went straight to Brea to meet Kim and Laura for lunch. We've made a tradition of meeting at our favorite hole in the wall Mexican restaurant every time I come to town. We ate yummy food and visited for an hour before I was off to Whittier for my hair appointment. Three hours later I had shorter hair with lighter highlights and I had bangs! Definitely a change for me. 
I spent the evening in downtown Brea with friends. We went for crepes at a little French joint and just spent some time catching up. Calee and I went to the Improv and saw Steve Bryne. The show was hilarious and Calee and I always enjoy comedy clubs. It seems we've made the Improv a sisters tradition when we're together. It made for a late night but it was a ton of fun.
 Calee, Me, Laura, Janelle, and Kim at the French diner. 

After sleeping in on Sunday morning I went up to Tevye and Dana's house to meet my new niece, Danica.  She is super cute and a pretty easy going baby.  Later Mom, Calee and Tony, and Aunt Alice joined us for dinner and some birthday cupcakes.  It was a nice relaxing evening. 
 Me with Danica
 Aunt Alice and Danica
 Tennis ball cupcakes that Calee made for me.  Super sweet and thoughtful!

Monday morning I packed up, left the hotel and headed home.  I did make one little stop for a facial but I was eager to get home and see my boys.  That night after dinner we celebrated my birthday with a cake that Ricky made.  I opened a few presents and we just hung out before going to bed fairly early. It was a wonderful ending to a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. We missed seeing you. Happy Birthday. Love the hair.