Saturday, January 21, 2012

Disneyland For My Birthday

Happy Birthday to me!! Our day started with mom meeting us at the hotel for breakfast. We then headed to Company D (the cast member store) for shopping. 
The most special part of the day was lunch...at Club 33 in Disneyland. It was SO much fun. The food was delicious, the history in there is fascinating, and the overall experience was awesome! Lots of great memories from there. Here are a few highlights from lunch in the Club:
•riding in the elevator (it's an old school one)
• going out on the balconies overlooking New Orleans Square
•laughing because mom didn't like that the cast member folded her napkin everytime she got up.
•sparkles on the cupcakes and cookies
•meeting Don Nixon, nephew of Richard Nixon
•getting a Mickey Mouse birthday cake

After lunch we set out to play in the park. It wasn't very crowded so we got to do a lot of things. Mom also hooked us up with fast passes. We tried to do all the big rides since we can't do those when we have our kiddos with us. A few things were closed for refurbishing but we still did a lot. 
• Splash Mountain
•Big Thunder
Indiana Jones
Pirates
Captain EO
Star Tours
Space Mountain
The Castle
Toy Story Mania
Ariel's Underwater Adventure
Tower of Terror

The park closed at 8:00 pm, which is pretty early but we strolled down main street and shopped until the park closed. Then we went back to DTD to close out the night.

It was such a fun day and I'm so glad I got to spend it with Mom and Lisa. I did missy Ricky and the boys but it was a great way to celebrate the big 3-0.  
Lisa and me at the top of Main St. 
 Lisa, Me, Pluto and Mom. 
 I got lots of kisses from Mickey since it was my birthday!!
 Club 33
 In front of the elevator in Club 33
 Lisa in the dining room. We got the best seats in the place - right in the back corner with doors to two balconies. 






 The dessert bar - yummy!

 We loved all the sparkles on the desserts. 



 Don Nixon
 This picture is for Calee.  
 Lisa is pointing to where we were sitting in Club 33 - right in the corner. 
 They thought they were so funny getting their Club 33 napkins. 
 This was a fun surprise. I didn't realize Captain EO came back. I loved it!
 This one was for my boys!
 When I started to see the characters that the boys liked it made me start to miss them. 
That day was my first time on the Ariel ride. It was super cute!

Lisa got a special one of a kind wine glass at the Ariba shop on main street. 

No comments: