Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Child's Prayer

I was working in my office last night when Lincoln walked in, sat with his legs crossed on my floor, folded his arms, bowed his head closed his eyes and began to pray.  Logan was quickly behind him copying his every move.  Luckily I had a pen and paper in my hand and I frantically wrote to capture his words in this moment.

This was Lincoln's prayer (Logan repeated the words):

"Dear Heavenly Father.  Thank you for this day. I love you. I love your heart. I wish you could be down here to play. I love my family. I hope we have a good night. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

Once the prayer was finished they jumped up and began to play.  It was such a sweet precious moment for me to watch.  Not sure what prompted the prayer but to witness the innocence, faith and love of a child, especially my own, was priceless.

1 comment:

Kathie said...

That is very sweet. You guys are great parents to have taught your little guy what prayer is all about.