Sunday, December 30, 2012

Other Random Christmas Pictures

Here are a few things that I wanted to capture about this Christmas but they didn't fit into any other specific event.

This is was our beautiful Christmas tree this year that the boys helped me decorate.  It smelled so nice and fresh and was a great addition to our dining area. 
Flash forward 26 days later and this is our poor dead and poky tree.  We kept it watered as directed and the thing still started to die after about 10 days.  Problem is we bought it the day after Thanksgiving. Every few days we noticed it starting to droop more and more.  By the time Christmas rolled around we were just glad it hadn't started a fire and burned our house down. The day after Christmas the boys helped me to take the decorations down and boy did it leave a really big mess.  I was never one to want a fake tree but definitely reconsidering after this year. 
 As I've done every year since we lived here we made goodies for our friends and neighbors.  I was actually not planning on making it this year but one of our neighbors (a few houses down) told me at Halloween that he's heard all about my candy that they've never been given.  I felt bad and then all of the other neighbors told him that I make it at Christmas and if he was lucky he'd get some.  Talk about pressure! Just kidding...but it did make me feel the need to make it. So we did.  
I took a day off work and Ricky and I worked in the kitchen for the better part of a day making carmel chocolate covered pretzels, caramel chocolate covered marshmallows, caramel apples with different toppings and my Oreo cookie sandwiches. This is a small sample of what we had.  I either plated them or individually wrapped them and put them in gift bags.  Later that night we took the boys with us and delivered them to 16 families. 
We were also on the receiving end of WAY to many goodies this year.  This was just a sample of one gift box full of treats.  I think we had at least ten different families drop treats off to us. I'm not complaining because I'm really glad that we have such sweet friends and nice neighbors but we were just on sugar overload.  It was a lot of fun though to try all the new treats. 
This is Logan going through the car wash.  He is still obsessed with them it still brings him great joy to drive through a car wash.  We actually have a car was membership for the month so that we can go as many times as we want.  We figured it was an early Christmas present for him.  He loves it.  I hope one day he'll see this and see how weird/funny it was that he loved car washes so much and then he'll know that we (mostly his dad because he got it) was awesome for trying to support his passions.

No comments: