Friday, January 4, 2013

Phoenix Children's Museum

I had heard a lot of great things about the Phoenix Children's Museum.  I don't know what it's taken us so long to get there but we finally made it a point to go over Christmas break.  It's only about 45 minutes from our house but it was an easy drive.  I didn't know exactly know what to expect but it turned out to be so much fun for the boys.  We ended up being there for about three hours and the boys loved every minute of it.  There were so many things for them to do and they seemed to be the perfect age for all of it.  I'm sure we'll be going back there sometime soon.  The day is better told through the pictures from everything we experienced there.
The day started with me and the boys climbing in and playing in this huge tree house like exhibit.  
They couldn't get enough of these machines that would blow air through tubes and spit out rag balls that the boys put in the holes.  
 Logan made a noise maker in the art room.
 Logan did a little shopping in the mock grocery store.  He loved pushing around the little cart and filling it up. 
 He even unloaded the cart at the cash register and made his groceries go across the hand cranked conveyor belt. 
 This is one of my favorite pictures from the day.  I might make a CD mobile for my house. So pretty.
 I thought the sand table was really fun but this didn't actually hold their attention for long. 
 The noodle forest was one of Lincoln's favorite exhibits. 
 Logan sitting in a toothpaste car.
 They had a little break room that sold snacks and light lunch food so we took a little pit stop to refuel and in addition to their sandwiches, of course my boys picked chips. 

 I would say besides the jungle gym, the car wash for trikes was the other highlight of the day for the boys.  They must have spent at least 45 minutes going through the car wash over and over.
 The spinners seemed to be their favorite part.

 This was in the fort room.  Logan actually landed this fall quite nicely since I couldn't get to him before he dropped.  Not a fuss from him. Tough guy.
The boys raced little wooden cars down several different tracks that they had to choose from.  
All in all it was a fun filled fantastic day and a great way to spend a day of Christmas break together. 

No comments: