Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Dolphin Encounter

Well, I now have one more thing I can check off my bucket list...a swim with the dolphins.  It was 10 years ago that I first touched a dolphin in Maui and got second degree burns because I hung over the edge of our boat for hours awe struck and enamored with the dozens of dolphins at the side of our boat.  This time I actually wanted to get in the water and swim with them, so I did.

I found a beautiful resort on the south side on Oahu that had a dolphin lagoon.  Before my swim we had some time to kill so Ricky and I enjoyed an amazing view while we sat beach side, drank a tropical smoothie and relaxed.  That was a feeling of being in paradise!  Anyway, my swim was so fun.  We got to work with two different dolphins for about an hour. We swam with them, gave them signals to do tricks and I even gave one of them a kiss!  Ricky didn't really have any interest in swimming with them so he just took some pictures for me from the side. It was a really neat experience and I'm glad I had the opportunity to do it.




No comments: