Tuesday, August 27, 2013

First Month of School

The first month of school has gone as well as I could expect.  We are finally in the routine of it all and the boys seem to be happy.  It is a pretty weird feeling as we walk the hallways of the elementary school and my two babies are grown enough to be attending the school and carrying their big boy backpacks.  Lincoln is getting an incredible amount of academic work done.  Every week he brings home a massive stack of completed work from the week. Here's a few samples of what they've worked on.
 This is something Logan made on his 1st day. 
 Lincoln made this on his first day. 

 Funny story...the below picture is what came in the outside sleeve cover in the front of Lincoln's binder when we bought it.  A few days before school started as we were getting his supplies ready, he drew the above picture and put it back in the clear outside sleeve on the front cover of his binder.  Ricky and I thought it was so sweet.  After the first week, I pulled his binder out of his backpack and noticed the drawing was flipped over to again show the original picture, which is below.  The next morning I flipped it back around to show Lincoln's drawing.  That same afternoon when I pulled out his binder I noticed he had turned it back around to cover up his drawing.  I guess my sweet little guy was too embarrassed to have a picture saying I love you mom and dad on the front of his big boy first grade binder.  

 This is a picture Lincoln drew of a house fire. Hopefully he's not seeing our future. Not sure what prompted that subject.
Daddy dropping the boys off at their classes. 

No comments: