Sunday, October 6, 2013

What a Month

There is no other word to best describe the last month other than absolutely crazy! It has been so busy and it's been one thing after the next. 

After twelve years we finally said goodbye to the civic. I was glad to see it go but Ricky was a little more attached- it was his car after all. After putting a deposit down to order our new car in May, to finding out six weeks later it wasn't ordered, then getting the car and it was the wrong one to eventually finally getting our perfect car - it's been a long journey but we are glad it's over and we finally can enjoy the new car.


Rick was gone to Germany for a week with Baby Banana Brush to attend a convention. He and Roo worked hard, and non stop, the entire time they were there. They were able to take one evening to visit a Cathedral for mass. Lucky for us daddy brought home a huge German chocolate bar and it is really yummy chocolate.


Lincoln lost his very first tooth. He was so proud and excited. He lost it at school so we didn't actually see when it came out but we knew it was on its way out so I packed a little ziplock bag in his backpack. I was glad he remembered to put it in the bag and didn't lose it.

Rick went in on Monday for an outpatient surgery and by midnight he was in the ER with severe intolerable pain. They were able to manage his for several days and I brought him home from the hospital on Thursday afternoon. I took the boys over to the hospital for a while each night for them to visit daddy. The boys loved pushing buttons, sharing daddy's bed and eating whatever the could from daddy's dinner plate. Ricky is still struggling to rest and recover through the pain and we're just hoping that he'll get to feeling better soon. 


I've been called to teach Relief Society at church now. It's nice to only have to teach once a month verses all of the weekly things I was going for primary but having to teach is a little nerve racking. 

Lincoln found a baby scorpion at the house. Rick was in the hospital which meant it was up to me to deal with it. I sprayed it with scorpion spray, covered it with paper towel and smashed it with the rubber mallet. While this is happening, Lincoln is pleading with me not to kill it because it's a " living creature" and just a "teeny tiny baby." Despite his plea for mercy of that wretched creature, it had to die so I took care of business. No scorpions will be tolerated on my property!
Lincoln also got a purple card (best reward he can earn) at school earlier this month so he got a $5 award from mom and dad and picked a toy at the store. He also got to go to Red Robin with Logan and me when Ricky was in Germany. 

I spent the day yesterday with the boys at the Phoenix Children's Museum.  We ended up being there for 3 1/2 hours which made for a LONG day but we had a great time. Grandma Tutu was kind enough to fly into town yesterday to be here to take care of Ricky and the boys for the next week while I go to Ohio for a business trip. After we left the museum we headed over to the airport to watch planes take off and land, eat dinner and pick up Tutu. 


I knew it was a long day when I found this little guy cuddled up on my bedroom floor with this special game Grandma Tutu brought him. 
Logan found a hiding spot at Sam's club, he keeps him self busy and quiet during church by watching the sand in a timer fall and he hit the 100 ticket prize on his first try at Peter Piper Pizza.  Not a bad few weeks for this handsome guy. 

These are just some of the major things this month.  On top of this has been the regular tennis, school activities for the boys, working in Lincoln's class, doctor's appointments, work trips to the Phoenix office, GNO for me and the everyday activities needed for the upkeep of a home.  October looks to be just as busy as September so I'll have plenty to blog about later!

No comments: