Saturday, October 12, 2013

Ohio Business Trip

I had a fairly last minute business trip come up that required me to go to Ohio. I was glad to go for several reasons.  One I was able to meet some colleges that I work with often in a virtual setting but had never previously met.  I was also excited to get my Ohio shot glass since I had never been to Ohio before.  We were near Cleveland so when researching what to do in Cleveland really the only thing that came up was the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Unfortunately we weren't able to make it over there but we did scout out a local cupcake shop to visit.  Didn't seem like much else to do.  I did learn that the people of Ohio were, for the most part, very nice and genuine people. The circumstances for me going were a bit unfortunate; we were closing down a large site and putting on a job fair for our employees to meet with other companies. Thankfully the event was very successful and I had a good time. I was reminded why I moved to the desert and I had to pull out my thick winter coat on that trip.  I was just happy it wasn't any later in the year.
 While flat ironing my hair the night before I left I dropped my flat iron and burned my finger from the tip down to the first knuckle.  I had never burned myself that bad before I was up until 2 am with my finger in ice water.  Lesson learned. 
 The lobby of the community center where we held our event.  I loved the hanging water bottle bottom decorations. 
 Co-workers Karen, Sandy and Rebecca. 
 Notice the sign in the cabinet...knitted items being sold by the "Happy Hookers."
 The cakes at the bakery looked amazing but it's unfortunate that they didn't taste better than they did. 
I went through a lot to get these home to the boys and all in all they held up but nobody really loved them.  Not all cupcakes are created equal and looks are deceiving!

No comments: