Thursday, February 6, 2014

January Highlights

January really came and went so quickly and was such a busy month for us. I barely got my 2013 blog book printed and next thing I know I hadn't captured anything for January.  I'll let the pictures tell the story of our activities for the month.  It's been busy! Things that I don't have pictures of include, my work being absolutely crazy busy, Logan being sick for a couple of weeks and ended up having a midnight visit to the ER and Rick attended a photography conference in Phoenix for several days.

 We celebrated my birthday the night before with a yummy dinner at Macayo's with the family.
Cold Stone ice cream cake is the best ice cream cake that I've had.  It was delish!
For the last couple of months, Lincoln has been working towards earning the plush creeper from Minecraft. He had to earn it by having good behavior at school (not being chatty) and it took him quite a while to accomplish it but he finally did and the next day we took him to buy it and he was so excited. 
Lincoln earned all of his stripes for the white belt and will soon be testing for high-white belt. 
Logan has really been into dress-up lately and this is he gear/attire one day.  
The weapons are an important part of the outfit. 
 We've had beautiful weather lately so once Logan was over being sick, we took a bike ride to the park. 
 Excited to be playing in the sun. 
Logan was happy to be out of the house after being sick. 
 Lincoln wrote this little card in church last Sunday. He was excited to read it to me when I picked him up from his primary class. 
My tennis team won our first round of playoffs for the season.  We beat the other team 5-0!
We won the second round of playoffs at the Phoenix Tennis Center with a score of 4-1!  It was a very intense and exciting night for the team. We are season champions and will head to sectionals this summer if we can win the spring season too. This is a great group of ladies that I love playing with.
Lincoln got student of the month for his 1st grade class for displaying kindness. We are so proud of him!  He's done a great job adjusting to a more structured school and being in a class with older kids. Now that we're halfway through the school year I think he's settling in nicely.







No comments: