Thursday, May 14, 2015

Misc Activities

Are days are filled with activities. Some of them are the normal mundane things we do each day and some are the fun, different adventures that we try to take and along with memories that we try to make.
DIY - I like to think I'm crafty but lately I can't take the time to do projects like this. I wasn't going to move this table into our new home but after no luck selling it, Ricky convinced me it would go perfectly in the library. I had to redo it before that happened though so I stripped it down and then re-stained it. I didn't get before and after pictures...somehow just ended up with an in process pic. It turned out great though and is now sitting in our library. 
This is one of my favorite things about living in Arizona. The desert skies are gorgeous. 
The skies will often change very quickly providing several different color palettes through the evening. 

Trying to encourage the boys to try new things and enjoy art, I took them to the paint your own ceramics place for something to do one day. They both chose to paint a car. I think they turned out great and neither of them have broken yet. 

This is Logan. Typical class clown and jokester. He was very impressed with his ranch lips. He makes us laugh everyday and has a fun personality. 
The boys built a fort to watch TV from. Daddy even let them sleep in it for a night or two. 
Lincoln realized his iPad battery was low so he plugged it in but decided he wasn't done playing yet so I found him with a barstool pulled up to the counter so he could keep playing. 
This was the grocery list that Logan made for me one day when I took him shopping. Since he couldn't spell out the words, I asked him to draw pictures. I have to say he was pretty spot on. He held the list as we went around the store and then told me what to grab as we went along. 
Our first time in Cardinal Stadium was for the Home Show. Given we had just moved in and were looking for ideas for our house and yard, we figured it was a good time to go. 
After the home show we found a new donut shop that is like a build your own donut place. You pick the type of donut, then type of frosting and then the topping. It was delicious and great to try new places. 
Logan earned a lollipop from walking around the home show and obviously it took him a few days to get through it and by then he had given up and tossed it. 
When we are home you will often find train tracks of some sort in our living room. Logan uses chairs, stools, pillows or anything else he can find to build tunnel, bridges or decorations around his tracks. 
I took the boys for date night to a pizza arcade place and they both hit the 500 ticket jackpot on this game. Onlookers couldn't believe that they would both win almost back to back jackpots. 
I think we might be in trouble when this one gets older because he loves speed, adventure and has pretty good form for a motorcycle. 
We tried playing scrabble for the first time. It was fine for the first few minutes but Logan got bored with how slow the game moves and he decided to attack daddy. 
Spent some time getting energy out one afternoon. 

Baby Banana brush is now in Target!
We spent a day at the Children's Science Museum in Phoenix. 

This is Logan's shadow and he's controlling the bubbles. 
Walks around the neighborhood. 
This clown thinks he's Santa. 
I got to enjoy a special date night with Lincoln. We ate dinner at BJ's and went to see Mall Cop 2.

 Nancee's family stopped by for a couple nights on their way to and from Tucson. The boys love playing with their cousins. 

Aunt Natalee was in town for a water polo game and Tutu's were here too so we headed down to Tempe to watch the game. We first stopped by a large street fair in downtown Tempe and then watched her game at ASU. 
Ricky attended a baby show in Seattle area for a couple days. The product went over very well and he was sold out by early afternoon.




No comments: