Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Happy Valentine's Day

Because Valentine's day was on a Sunday this year, I felt like we got to turn it into a weekend long celebration.  The boys both had Valentine's day parties in class at school on Friday, which included a card/candy exchange. On Saturday, we had a special Valentine's family dinner at PF Chang's.  We dressed up, and told the boys we were going to a fancy dinner. Luckily we had reservations so we didn't have to wait at all and the boys were on their best behavior. They were engaged, happy and ate really well. It was a very successful night out for us. On Sunday, after church, the I was able to give the boys a little Valentine's Day present.  We also made a ton of chocolate covered strawberries to give to friends and neighbors. Since Monday was a holiday, we got to enjoy a long three day weekend, which is always a wonderful thing in my book.

I am so blessed to have three cute, smart, funny and precious boys in my life. I love their hugs, kisses and snuggles.
 I got to attend Logan's class party to help with the activities. I always love spending time with him at school. 
 He made his Valentine's Day mail carrier hat to wear as he delivered his cards to his friends. 
 Graphing heart candy. 
 Logan read a book about this cat and then painted his picture. Apparently he likes Ashlee. 
 He was so excited about all the goodies he got from his friends. Once he got home from school we dumped out his bag and read each card. 
 This was a painting activity he did in school that day. 
 My adorable boys outside of PF Chang's. 
 Family picture. 
 At church on Sunday, Logan passed Lincoln this note that said, "I love him." Then Lincoln wrote back, "I love you too!" Then Logan replied with, " You are nis (nice)." It made this mom's heart very happy and thankful for the times when they actually show love and kindness to each other. 
 A glimpse at some of the strawberries I made. They were yummy!
 Lincoln has been really into NFL football and has started collecting the cards. He put them into a binder and reads them every day.  I knew getting him several packs of cards was the way to his heart this Valentine's day. 
 Logan had this monorail train a couple years ago and broke it. He refused to throw the pieces away so we've had the broken monorail laying around the house. I knew when I was on my recent trip to Disneyland that I had to get him another one and Valentine's day was the perfect day to give it to him.  
Since we had Monday off we took advantage of the unscheduled afternoon and headed to the movies to see Kung Fu Panda 3.  The boys both really liked it and as a parent, it was pretty easy to watch. 

No comments: