Wednesday, May 24, 2017

April Activities

April seemed to quickly come and go, just like every other month this year. It was filled with sports practices, holidays, several business trips, school and church activities. I had two different trips to Denver for a week each. As much as I enjoy the opportunity to travel and see my team and attend some training, I never like being away from my boys. I miss them terribly when I have to go. It's much more fun when I can experience life with them. Ricky does a great job of holding down the fort at home though. Both times to Denver the weather was pretty terrible....cold, raining and even snowing. I don't often feel the best when I'm in Denver because of the altitude and the dryness. I often get headaches and just feel like I have to put on lotion every five minutes. It is a beautiful place though and I'm quite comfortable making my way around the town of Lone Tree now.
Here are a few other things that happened in the
Ricky practicing football with the boys in the backyard. 

Lincoln's Scout Troop. They learned how to put up the tent. 
Lincoln earned a few badges and belt loops at the pack meeting.
A new indoor trampoline park opened in Goodyear and we went there to celebrate Broc's birthday. The boys had a blast on all of the "American Ninja" like obstacles. 
Logan is afraid of heights so this was a big deal for him to get to the top. 
Lincoln's height sure comes in handy for things like this. 

Logan, Broc and Lincoln
"Sandwich Saturday" at Firehouse. 
Lincoln asked if I would take him on date night. Of course I took him up on that request. We started the night with seeing the movie Gifted, then dinner at Olive Garden and ended with a little shopping at Target. I'm so glad that he wants to spend one on one time with me and so blessed to have this sweet boy in our lives. 

Some artwork courtesy of Logan.


The boys will be switching schools next year. I took Lincoln to meet the teacher night (Logan was home sick) and he got to meet the school mascot. Go Falcons!
The first grade students made horses and participated in a Derby horse race. Logan came in second place!


No comments: