Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Camp Kaibab Scout Camp

Lincoln really wanted to go to Scout Camp this year. It's no secret that I don't like to camp. It's not that I don't like the idea of being in nature because I do. It's just a lot of work and I don't sleep well on the ground, when I'm often freezing cold and I have little boys kicking me and who I worry about through the night. I'm wanted to be supportive of Lincoln going to this camp and it happened to be a family event that would allow Logan to participate also so we made arrangements to stay the night at a hotel in Williams and drive to the camp early the next morning. We met up with our friends the Curtis' there and had dinner and breakfast with them.

I wasn't impressed with the activities they had at camp. It was pretty cheesy but the boys seemed to really have a good time. Lincoln will earn some belt loops from it which was a main factor for us going in the first place. It was a good day away with the family, despite the hot glue gun burn I got and the five hour drive home that should have only taken us 2.5 hours. We won't be going to that camp again but I look forward to more adventurous days like this with the family.
The boys made rockets and then launched them with an air compressor. This was by far the most favorite activity of the day. 


They made origami paper boxes and then mined for gems to put in them. 


Logan did a cooking activity where he made "ants on a log" and a marshmallow pyramid that he then ate with no hands. 

Lincoln made a walking stick.
The boys wee excited to "fish" but reality was that they were just casting and learning to aim. 


We went on a short one mile hike/walk on a trail through a nice wooded area that gave us beautiful views of a little gully. 


My souvenir from the trip was this second degree burn blister that has since popped and left me with a nice little pink scar.

No comments: