Monday, March 14, 2011

Feeling Blue

It's done! Our weekend project is finished and Lincoln now has a blue wall in his bedroom!  I've been wanting to do this for a while and we finally got around to it.  I love it.  We talked to him about what color he wanted and he liked the idea of a blue wall.  It matches his Star Wars decor perfectly.  Shades of blue can really be hit and miss for me but I think we got it just right.  It only took two coats and we were able to do it all on Friday night - even though we didn't make it to bed until 1:00 am. Lincoln was really excited to see the finished project.  Even Ricky said he likes it.  I think the idea of warm rich colors on walls is growing on him. Our master bedroom is next, although I promised Rick that I wouldn't do it until the fall. He needs a mental break from all the color.  I have to give him a few months to get used to the blue. I give him a hard time about it but he really is a supportive husband. He actually does most of the paining and I know he does it because he know how much I like it.
Before
During
After but before we put the furniture back. 
After
We re-arranged his Star Wars posters.
The other side of his room. 
He wasn't thrilled at first that we moved Yoda from over his bed to the wall by the door but he got over it when he realized he could now see Yoda from the hall.

1 comment:

Freckles Phillips said...

I love these accent walls! They really do look good and warm up the rooms without being overwhelming. And yes, Ricky is a good husband because painting is a dang lot of work. :)
What color will you do Logan's room?