Thursday, July 7, 2011

4th of July Weekend

We didn't do anything too exciting over the three day holiday weekend. We hung out, finished a few projects and did a few little activities with the boys. I really like the 4th of July.  I love the All American summer feeling, the patriotic music, the fireworks, the delicious summer foods, and just hanging out. It's actually one of my favorite holidays. As the boys get a little older I plan to start some fun family traditions with them each year over the holiday weekend.
We have a little lake not far from the house. We took some crackers and fed the ducks. Lincoln made friends with the big white duck. 
 Lincoln and I had a date to see Cars 2.  I love that he's old enough to take him to see a movie.  We have our little routine.  He loves getting the kids popcorn pack and his booster seat. The movie was cute and  Lincoln seemed to really like it.  I was just glad we made it through the entire movie!
 In the spirit of the fourth, we decorate cookies red, white and blue.  Lincoln put on the frosting and sprinkles and Logan did a great job of taste testing.  
 Lincoln was really proud that brother Logan liked the cookie he made for him. 
 The is no doubt that Logan LOVES cookies.
 My little cookie monster!
 This was a fun little activity and the boys seemed to have a good time together.
 Some of the finished product.  Yummy!
 We went to watch the fireworks at our local stadium.  The boys really liked them for the first five minutes - then they were done.  The show lasted about 15-20 minutes.  It was alright but I would like to find something better for next year. 
  God bless America!

No comments: