Monday, July 25, 2011

Sick

What are parents to do when they come down with a nasty cold and there are still two little boys that need to be tended to? First thought...wish that there was a grandma close by. Since that's not the case then you rely on a babysitter. Unfortunately it's Sunday and the babysitters are all at church. So what did we end up doing...turn on the TV for the boys, lay on the couch all day and made mac and cheese for dinner. I'm not gonna lie...it was a rough weekend. Both Rick and I are sick but luckily the boys are still pretty healthy. I hardly ever get sick but this one definitely put me in bed for the weekend. I don't feel like a stellar mom after this TV filled weekend but the reality is that's what we've had to do to get by. I just hope we get better fast and that the boys don't come down with it.

We did manage to make it to the backyard for a little while on Monday. Lincoln earned this bug net from getting stickers on his nice chart. This was the first time that he used it and he caught a praying mantis.




He has so much personality and attitude already. He wasn't actually mad.  He just thought is was funny to give me this look when I called his name. 

1 comment:

Freckles Phillips said...

Whoa a REAL praying mantis?? No thank you! Good thing they are both so cute. Logan looks big!