Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tucson Trip - Day 10

Our last day of sectionals we played against The team from El Paso, Texas. They were 1-1 so we knew we had a good shot at winning. I struggled quite a bit with my backhand (which is normally my strength) but I was able to play well in the other aspects of the game. The heat had been a big factor the first two days but it didn't seem to effect me as much by the third day. We played our best match and won in two sets, 6-4, 6-2. Our team won again 5-0 which meant as a team we were undefeated for the weekend. We were named sectional champions and will be going on to play for the national title in October.
As a team we grabbed lunch and headed home. I have to admit that it's really nice to get a break every so often and have some time to myself. On the other hand 10 days away from Ricky and the boys was really long and I missed them a lot. I was really excited to get home to see them. It was fun to give them their little "surprises" from my trip that I brought home for them. All in all it was a successful, fun, memory filled trip!
The team before our day three match. 
Stacy and me watching and routing on the rest of the team after we finished playing.
It's hard to see our little trophies because they are glass but they say Southwest Champions!


2 comments:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

Congrats!! That is awesome. So excited you get to play Melissa. That will be fun to watch. She will probably play doubles.

The King Family said...

Aren't you the little world traveller?! I love all your matching tennis outfits- and that is so great that you enjoy doing something for yourself. Go Eden!