Friday, April 15, 2016

April Happenings

It is definitely starting to heat up around here and I can feel summer creeping in. The boys only have six weeks of school left. I can hardly believe it. With that, this time of year brings extra end of the year school activities in addition to our normal routines, fun outings and work. Here are a few things going on this month. 
 Logan working on his homework at the restaurant. 
 Logan did a project on scorpions. This is the report and he had to give his first ever presentation to his class on this material. He did such a great job coming up with the ideas of what to draw and memorizing it so that he could present. 


 This big guy lost a tooth and the other top front tooth is about on its way out too.
 The boys and I had a date day where we went bowling and to the movies. We saw the movie Miracles from Heaven. I thought it was a good movie but I was more impressed with how into it the boys were. It's a pretty mature message in the end and both boys followed it and said they enjoyed it. I love date days with these cuties!
 Because I have awesome kids, they somehow always end up with free stuff. This time one of the employees at the bowling alley gave them this bowling pin. They were thrilled. They kept taking turns holding it while the other bowled. It was pretty cute how something so simple can mean so much to them. 

 Lincoln is awesome and got recognized at his school assembly for an Academic Excellence Award. This is the for receiving all A's last quarter. 

 Funny things happen when you least expect it. I would not normally post a picture of my toes but there's a fun story to share. For years I went to a specific nail salon in Surprise. One day I walked in and the owners had changed and Annie and Peter were gone. I couldn't get any info on where they went. Fast forward two years later and I decide I need a pedicure. Since I am now working in the office a few days a week, I decide I will try the place across the street on my lunch break. I walk in and it's Annie and Peter. I couldn't believe it. We had a great time catching up and they filled me in on why they moved, etc. I am just happy that I found a good place to go now.  I guess that is the silver lining in having to go to the office. 
Why post pictures of cake? Because sometimes life is just better with cake so I stopped in Nothing Bundt Cakes to bring home a little treat for the boys. Now they can't say I never did anything nice for them. 

No comments: