Friday, April 15, 2016

It's Not a Tumor

It's not a tumor but it is a nodule on my thyroid that had us all worried for a while. I've had some symptoms consistent with thyroid issues so my doctor ordered an ultrasound. What they found in the ultrasound were four nodules. One of those was significant in size so I was sent to an Endocrinologist for further testing. After several rounds of blood work, lots of worrying, and a VERY painful biopsy of the nodule, I just got results back that it's not cancer! Yay! It was very good news but the doctor wants to continue to watch it so I will have an ultrasound and blood work done again in six months. The doctor did find that my vitamin D levels were extremely low. I was 18 - the range is supposed to be 30-100. So, that means I've been deficient for a long time and I am not taking 50,000 milligrams of vitamin D three times a week for the next six months. The deficiency is what the doctor believes is causing me to be so incredibly tired.  Good new is that we have some answers, even if it was what they thought was the cause in the first place.

No comments: