Saturday, October 6, 2018

December 28th in Kauai - Wailua State Park

It was clear by now that I was sick, quite sick. I couldn't get out of bed. I had a nasty cough. My throat hurt and I was exhausted. This was no way to be spending my Christmas break...especially in Hawaii. We got some medicines from a local drug store and I took them and went to bed. Tutus were really good and took one of the boys each night to sleep in their extra bed so that I could have the bed to myself. I had to let the family go out and have fun without me this day so that I could sleep and try to kick whatever sickness I had. They went to a breakfast on the beach and then spent the morning throwing the football at the local beach park. The water was a bit too cold for them to really go swimming but they got in up to their waist.

That evening I was feeling well enough to join the family for dinner. We drove to the marketplace on the south side of the island and ended up eating dinner at Ruth's Chris. Ricky claims it was the best steak he's ever had. I just got some soup and salad. Then it was a trip to Papa's favorite ice cream store for dessert.
 We ended up stopping at Costco and getting a big pack of this. 
Logan learned that he loved eating mango. 
Logan and Papa looking at the fish. 
 Ricky and Lincoln threw the football for a while.

Ricky took pictures of the boys for me since I couldn't be there.
This is the gorgeous tree tunnel we got to drive through on our way to dinner. 
Lincoln and Tutus. 
Dinner at Ruth's Chris. 
Logan is always up for ice cream.

No comments: