Sunday, October 7, 2018

January 2, 2018 in Kauai - Helicopter Ride

This is probably picture overload but when you see the beauty of Kauai that we got to see from this helicopter ride, you have to share it. Uncle Toby had trained previously to be a pilot so he loves flying. The boys had never been on a helicopter before. I was looking for activities with minimal physical activity because I was still sick with a bad cough and didn't want to exacerbate that. So an hour tour of the island seemed liked the perfect thing to do. I frankly have become a wimp as I've aged. While I wanted to go I was terrified of the danger for my kids. Having said that, if something catostraphic was going to happen, I said I would rather be with them then the survivor on land. So we went! We were all very excited. The boys were a bit nervous because they weren't quite sure what to expect.

After a short briefing, we boarded the helicopter with our awesome chick pilot. The views of the island from the sky were so breathtakingly beautiful. We were in constant awe and amazement the entire ride. The pilot pulled some crazy maneuvers to get us in cracks and crevasses to see some waterfalls that can only be seen from the sky. We flew over Jurassic Falls, the sharp steep mountains of the north shore, we saw the bay where Bethany Hamilton lost her arm to a shark and lush green mountains and valleys. I think this is one the boys will never forget!

Logan was very worried that he wasn't going to get the front or a window so he was a bit sad.
The employee saw that he was upset and asked what was going on and Logan told him he wanted to be by the window. He made Logan's day when he told him that if Mom agreed then he could sit by the window. Of course I agreed and Logan suddenly had the biggest smile on his face.
Natalee and Toby were up front and Ricky and I were in the back with the boys.

The boys loved talking into the microphones to talk to the pilot and the rest of the family through their headphones.




















No comments: